Southwest Virginia Draft Horse, Mule & Donkey Show
at Sedalia Country Fair
Saturday, September 4, 2021
Starting Time: 10:00 am (Gates open at 8:00 am)
Entry Fee: $10.00 per class
Awards: Ribbons 1st – 6th
***UNLESS SPECIFIED, ALL CLASSES ARE OPEN TO ALL DRAFTS, HALF DRAFTS, DONKEYS AND MULES***
All proceeds benefit Astride with Pride therapeutic riding program (a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization for children and adults with disabilities)
Things You Need to Know
Checks should be made to Astride with Pride. A $40.00 service fee will be charged for all returned checks.
Sedalia Country Fair, Triple F Farm, Astride with Pride, show management, any members, families, organizers, property owners, volunteers and employees assume no responsibility in case of loss, injury or damage to persons, horses or personal property for any cause and admittance and entries are accepted only on this basis.
VA Dept. of Agriculture requires all equines on the show grounds to have a current (12 months or less) negative coggins.
1. Classes will begin promptly at 10 A.M. There will be a 5-minute gate call per class, the class will begin or move to the next class. If an entry needs time between classes for tack or driver/rider changes, notify the gate person BEFORE the previous class is finished. Your cooperation is appreciated.
2. For lack of entries, the Show Committee reserves the right to divide, combine or cancel classes and change order of presentation if necessary. The Show Committee reserves the right to refuse any entry. All halter classes having four or more of the same breed/sex will be pinned separately.
3. Work Harness will not be penalized in hitch classes to save time in harness changes.
4. All Classes are open to both horses and mules unless specified. If there are three or more single/team mules entered in the same class, the class will be split.
5. STALLIONS may NOT be shown by a Junior exhibitor.
6. Helmet Policy: All junior competitors are required to wear helmets passing or surpassing current American Society for testing and materials (ASTM) standards. Adult competitors are encouraged to wear helmets but will not be penalized.
7. The Judge or Ring Master may disqualify any animal determined not to be in show condition or showing signs of lameness. Decision may not be protested. All vehicles and harness must be in usable condition.
8. At any time and at their discretion, the Judge and/or Ring Master may excuse an exhibitor from the arena.
9. Rules of courtesy must be observed at all times. Any act of discourtesy or abuse of an animal on the part of an owner, exhibitor, agent or groom will disqualify the entry and all entry fees will be forfeited.
10.THE DECISION OF THE JUDGE IS FINAL.
11.Removal of the driving bridle while the horse/equine is put to a vehicle will incur immediate elimination from the show.